Anime lovers – mark your calendars – we are preparing for that time again!
The North Branch of the Denton Public Library, 3020 N. Locust, is excited to present its 6th Annual Mini A-Kon event on January 26, 2013, from 10am – 5 p.m. with support from A-Kon®.
Come experience a little slice of A-Kon® 24 right here in Denton.
This free event features, an Art Show, Cosplay Contests, voice actors from FUNimation, local artists, open gaming, anime showings, live music , food trucks and plenty of other activities and 3 chances to win a 3 Day Pass to A-Kon® in Dallas. Don’t miss out on this amazing anime afternoon.
Main Stage Schedule
- Whitney Rodgers Concert 10:30am – 11am
- Voice Actor Panel 11 am
- The Brehms Band Concert 1 pm
- Cosplay 2:30 pm
- 3:30 pm – Raffle
- Ani-Idol Concert 4 pm
2nd Panel Room
- 11am – Comic Panel
- Noon – Anime Jeopardy
- 1pm – Comic Showdown
- 2pm – Anime Midstream
- 4pm – Funimation
- 1:30-2:30pm – Tindle, Rodgers, and Huber
- 2:30-3:30pm – Young and Roberts
- Kristen McGuire – Mangaka
- Whitney Rodgers – Voice Actress – Deadman Wonderland
- Valkyrie Games
- Chad Middleton – Writer – Kobold Press/Open Design
- Don Rosencrans – Artist – Litterati Press
- Painapple Teriyaki – Artist Micah Solusod and Writer/Colorist Ayu Sakata
- ShoNuff Studios – Artists Halo Seraphim and Terry Parr
- Hector Rodriguez – Creator – El Peso Hero
- Nammi Truck
- Tutta’s Pizza Truck
- Phatso’s Cheesesteaks
- Cup Cakin – Cup Cakin Machine
- A-Kon Console Gaming
- Chuck Huber – Voice Actor – Full Metal Alchmeist Brotherhood, Soul Taker, Borderlands 2
- Aaron Roberts – Voice Actor – Toriko
- Austin Tindle – Voice Actor – Deadman Wonderland, Fariy Tale, Fractale.
- Michael Champion – Artist
- August Walker – Artist
- Brian Delaney – Silver Sparrow Comics
- Stephanie Young – Actress – Summer Wars
- Brehms Band
- Sonny Strait– artist, voice actor and musician – has a new book out!
This is a family friendly event and as such there are procedures regarding dress code. These apply to regular clothing as well as costumes. Denton Public Library staff will have the final say on determining whether or not your costume is appropriate. If your costume is deemed inappropriate, you will be asked to change. Failure to comply will result in you being asked to leave the property of the North Branch Library.
No costume should be larger than 6’6” tall or 2’10” wide. You must be able to fit through the doors for safety reasons.
Your costume must be at least the equivalent of shorts and a sleeveless T-Shirt (men and women). If you have a skirt or kilt you must be able to bend over without your undergarments showing. All attendees must wear shoes.
Your costume may not contain any inappropriate images.
Props and weapons:
Prop weapons may be carried during the event. These are homemade or commercially rendered costume props that support the look of a costume or character. All weapons or other props will be checked when you enter to determine if they are safe.
Any weapon/props that are determined to be unsafe will not be allowed. You can either take them home or we will hold them for you in the staff area for the remainder of the day. You will receive a ticket to pick up your item when you are ready to leave.
No real weapons are allowed. Realistic/toy guns will be allowed as long as they are clearly marked with orange on the barrel.
Due to potential damage to property, filled water guns, bubble guns, silly string and the like are prohibited.
If you have any questions about the dress code please contact the North Branch assistant manager, Wylaina Polk at 940-349-8774